Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill recomend that you take your self to a Loop Dealer and test the new Greenline 9116-4

:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Jacob,
I have to agree. I have been fishing this amazing little rod since last September. In fact I used it almost daily on the Thompson this fall and never felt that I needed anything bigger. Really good beach rod as well-strongly recommend it to anyone who is a good caster and tired of carrying the big sticks around!
Brian

·
Registered
344 Posts
What lines do you like on this rod? I have a rod for testing, but I'm not sure which line makes sense. I have 7-8-9 and 9-10-11 Windcutters, plus TT8 and TT10. I'm guessing you're using shooting heads? So what lines have you tried?

--Bill

·
Registered
260 Posts
Whistler: I´m considering a *really* short double hander for next season. Could you expand a bit about this rod? Ie action, appropriate casting style etc etc? thanks a bunch! :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Fredtrout, the light as a feather 9116 Greenline is fairly quick though not as fast as one would assume it might be considering the rod series. I ussually fish shooting heads on it and have found head lengths between 35' and 45' to work well. The current line that I am fishing is the Loopadapted low float head designed for the 9132. I have added a 10' tip cut from Rio type 8 in a # 8. Though not a forgiving set up this rig casts like a dream with nice tight loops when proper technique and timing are employed. My personal casting style probably borrows from both Skagit and underhand though purists of either technique will enjoy this rod. Please feel free to email me direct if you have any questions about this rod.
[email protected]
Brian Niska

·
Registered
33 Posts
I´ve used this rod all summer ´04. Bought one "pre-production" rod, that had been in Loop´s Ponoi-river camp fall ´03.
Love that little thing. :smokin: It´s amazingly powerfull, light and just fun to use. I bought it with two Loop Custom II heads, which matched the rod spot-on.
It´s got nothing to do with Blue 11´6´´ class 7-8.
Blue is - for me - a small-fish rod for light summer/low water fishing and floating line. This Greenie handles anything from Sink 6 to a floater, and much, much bigger fish.
With Blue I can comfortably cast 22-25 metres, with Green 30 metres is not a problem.
FinnSpey

·
Registered
127 Posts
Finnspey which two custom II heads did you buy?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Have not heard of this Loop green 9116-4

This rod sounds very interesting. I have been tending toward shorter spey rods as well. I fished a loop yellow 8124-4 all summer, no problem with distance.

Does anyone know if loop is coming out with a grey in this shorter size say a grey 9116-4?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts