Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Really Thin Heat Shrink ? No ~ Aquaflex

I've been attempting to smooth out the lumps & edges of braided loops or thread cinched loops with products like aqua seal, knot sense and goop. The heat shrink sometimes provided w/ loops creates a bigger lip than it is intended to cover. Looking for a really thin heat shrink that, when heated, will simply smooth out what is there w/o creating a guide catching edge. Any recommendations ?

Thank you gents. As pointed out by Speydoc, aquaflex is water soluble and it works like a dream. Also I agree on the failings of heat shrink, but tired of dealing w/ improper viscoscities and the need for acetone or ? I've bought it, tried it and the stuff is great !

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Aquaflex

does a nice job for me.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Garry
I would echo Ted on the Aquaflex - water based, very flexable and two coats gives a nice smooth seal to a nail knot. One of our sponsers, Aaron @ River Run carries it - there may also be other sponsers carrying it now.
speydoc

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wouldn't try the heat shrink. I've already tried it and found that it becomes brittle after a while and that it also becomes very stiff in cold water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts