Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted a real 'portable' lap top so found a great (or so I thought at the time) on 'you know where.' Found out I should have just paid 'full price' for the latest ... but live and learn. Running Windown 7 on the machine.

When you've been running 'XP' since the day it came out it's a real learning curve to learn this new systems. That aside, I have a real odd off problem with Speypages when I long in on that thing.

First all (so far)other web sites come up with normal screen type size but Speypages comes out tiny, like you can't even read it tiny.

So two questions I guess:

Any one have an idea why that might be as this is the one and only web site with the issue (so far)?:nerd:

There are 'key strokes' (usually) for increasing the screen print size so can someone clue me in on what they may be?

Do have to laugh at one thing, my old Dell Inspiron 9200 'lap top' has a HUGE keyboard, the new one is at least 1/3'rd smaller so its a one finger 'hunt and peck' to type on that thing. :rolleyes:

Many thanks in advance!:grin2:

·
Administrator
2,462 Posts
Fred,

That's not something I'm familiar with so hopefully someone will chime in with more specific instructions to help you out. The Spey Pages only format sounds odd to me as well. I'd bet the fix is a simple one and Support checks in here and will see the request for assistance. Good luck...

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
To Keep

you from buying too much gear Fred

:grin2:

No idea that is a strange one

Reactions: fredaevans

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
There are 'key strokes' (usually) for increasing the screen print size so can someone clue me in on what they may be?

Fred, in most browsers it will be CTRL KEY & " +" at the same time (larger), and CRTL KEY & "-" at the same time for smaller. Repeat as many times as necessary in either direction.

I just got a "keyboard" for my ipad that is like 9 inches wide in total, so I can commiserate. When typing certain letters, I have discovered, part of my hand hits the touch screen, and causes everything I had typed up to that point to get irreversibly deleted, so after cussing like a sailor all day I finally had to concentrate on keeping my fingers away from the screen (like 1/2 inch away) on TOP of trying to use a keyboard designed for Tyrion Lannister.

I have found that some browsers seem to remember the size setting you set with the keys in the past for a specific site. Grasping at straws but maybe something like that is going on - you didn't touch the screen by accident did you? :chuckle:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fred, in most browsers it will be CTRL KEY & " +" at the same time (larger), and CRTL KEY & "-" at the same time for smaller. Repeat as many times as necessary in either direction.

I just got a "keyboard" for my ipad that is like 9 inches wide in total, so I can commiserate. When typing certain letters, I have discovered, part of my hand hits the touch screen, and causes everything I had typed up to that point to get irreversibly deleted, so after cussing like a sailor all day I finally had to concentrate on keeping my fingers away from the screen (like 1/2 inch away) on TOP of trying to use a keyboard designed for Tyrion Lannister.

I have found that some browsers seem to remember the size setting you set with the keys in the past for a specific site. Grasping at straws but maybe something like that is going on - you didn't touch the screen by accident did you? :chuckle:
I feel your pain .... which is why I resist purchasing something like an Ipad/etc. Actually my cell phone will take a picture and I have a few of the inside of my pant pocket. :rolleyes:

Will give the Control + a go later this AM; hope to heck it works. But as I said the problem is unique to Speypages. Go figure?:whoa:

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
Similar things have happened to me. The good thing about the fix, if it works, is that you will not have to figure out how the hell it got that way. :)

·
just one more cast...
163 Posts
Browser

hi Fred,

If this problem persists, I might suggest trying another browser, i.e. Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, both are easy download & install.
Sometimes I find it easier to go 'around' a problem than to butt heads over and over!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi Fred,

If this problem persists, I might suggest trying another browser, i.e. Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, both are easy download & install.
Sometimes I find it easier to go 'around' a problem than to butt heads over and over!

Good Luck!
That may be my 'only option' but as the 'old' office box is just ticking along without an issue ... just skip SP's on the new 'bedroom box.' Bathrobe, floppy bunnie slippers, etc

fae

·
Administrator
800 Posts
Hey fred, has the ctrl and + key combination worked for you?

Also what browser are you mostly using?

Richard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts