Spey Pages banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My favourite rod, a 13'2" Loop Greenline 9 wt got a section broken ( falling off a car rod rack! ). I can not get a new section from Loop here in UK, or in Norway/Sweden or USA - I am desperate it is my favourite rod - about the only one I'm happy casting - ( I know it's a pretty old model now, but so's the Wife and I'm keeping her too ).

I need the second section up from the bottom, ( i.e LOOP GREEN LINE 9132 (LGL9132) LOWER MID SECTION. )

Does anyone have a spare section from a rod they had broken? Europe has failed me, I'm now asking those across the pond to scrabble amongst the broken sticks in their rod cupboards.

·
just one more cast...
163 Posts
Sorry to hear!

Simon,
I'm sorry to hear of your broken Green Line! Not only for your loss, but now sorry for myself, as that is still my favorite 9wt. rod as well! It's disconcerting to hear that no spares are to be had in Europe.

In years past, I've broken Blue and Yellow Loop rods, and was lucky enough to track down spare sections from the constantly-moving Loop distributorships. I'm not sure who might have any remaining parts here in the US, but I'll look around.
Best of Luck!
John
aka macspey

·
Registered
500 Posts
Try calling or sending an email to Ryan at Michael & young fly shop in Surrey BC they used to be loop dealers he may have a rod or sections possible a blank its worth a try .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, thanks for the suggestions, I've flown a mail off to him but I'm not holding my breath. I did have the broken pieces from which a rebuilt section could be constructed - but someone lost those for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well a little bump for all you guys who surf the net during working hours!

One nice poster had a yellow-line section, but it is just the Green that will do.

Still looking.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Given you're in the UK could you get B&W to custom make that section for you? Might cost you dearly but at least you would have your rod back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well thanks to your Info It seems that Rob at Flyangler Distribution, BC surprised himself by finding a section. It's a long way away from me but the postage will be worth it.

Thanks guys.

Simon

·
Registered
688 Posts
One step further..Fly Angler distribution (Surrey B.C. Canada)used to be the deal in North America...and I know he has a bunch of stuff still about..just never know..
Yup, some years ago when I busted a yellow 15' he was the man. Sold me the section at his cost.. he had quite a bit of stock of the loop colour series of rods still at that time. You never know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.