·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3rd Annual Jimmy Green Rendezvous

ANNOUNCING

THE 3RD ANNUAL JIMMY GREEN MEMORIAL FLY CASTERS RENDEZVOUS

SATURDAY APRIL 29, 2006, 10 AM TO 4 PM

AT HOWARD MILLER STEELHEAD PARK, ROCKPORT, WA. 1/8 MI. WEST OF WHERE HWY 530 MEETS HWY 20

WE WILL BE AT THE WEST END OF THE PARK

WE ARE DEDICATED TO TEACHING FLY CASTING OF ALL TYPES AT NO CHARGE

COME AND LEARN OR HONE YOUR SKILLS AND JUST HAVE FUN

WE WILL HAVE THE USUAL COMPETITION ON THE GRASS WITH A TWO HANDED ROD AND GRASS LEADER, PROVIDED

DONATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED BUT NOT REQUIRED

SEE YOU THERE

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, E-MAIL [email protected]

·
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club
387 Posts
Should be there. Look for two old farts in a Wooldridge or maybe a Smokercraft.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thank you John York

My good friend John York of Chicago is donating a rod through Aaron at River Run Anglers to be used as this years prize. I'm working with Aaron on which rod it will be. Aaron hopes to include a reel and line to make the prize complete. Of course, to maintain tradition, the the prize will go to the contestant with the average score.

Thanks John

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hi Marlow,

I don't see John much anymore but am friends with him as well. I bumped into him in BC in the fall and hope to do so this spring. Do you know when he will be around Skagit country?

Thanks,

Greg

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Howdy Marlow,

Would that be "BIG JOHN"? I made his aquaintence last Fall and had a very enlightening 2 hour conversation with him. I hope he stops in to see me the next time he is out this way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
John York

The last time I talked to John, it was about a month ago, He said he would probably not come out this spring. I'll check with him again and let you know.

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Marlow,

That is a bit of a bummer since I didn't see him around last year either. It was 2 years ago the last time I shared a run with him and it would be nice to see him again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
All Good News

If things settle down for him, John York is hoping to be able to leave Chicago about the 20th of March and head our way. Let's hope he can.

Steve Rajeff said G.Loomis will donate a GLX Dredger to be used as a prize. It looks like we'll have multiple prizes this year.

Maybe we can get Steve to put on one of his fantastic casting demonstration, I'll ask. He will definitely raise the average score. It will be good to have him back. The last Sat in April just happened to be a day when he wasn't already booked.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll be there and now that i know how to get there i plan on arriving befor every one starts to leave this this time.

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Marlow,

It would be great if you could have Steve do one of his casting demos. I haven't seen him do one for a few years and those who have never had the opportunity to see him cast, would gain a lot from it IMO.

·
Registered
44 Posts
John Youk

I got an e-mail from John yesterday afternoon saying he planned to leave Chicago early this morning. One of his old dogs was sick and delayed the trip.

We should see him on the river in a few days.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Marlow

............Talked to John Thursday,said he would be on the road Friday morning. Had the car loaded,the dogs ready,headin' west. Doesn't get any better than that!!

·
Hall Monitor
497 Posts
Just a reminder!

Don't forget to mark this one on your calendar folks!!

It's a great day with lots of great people!

See you there.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Could someone tell me a bit more about this clave? I am going to be in Seattle then and was thinking about driving up. Is it on a river? How long drive from Downtown Seattle?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Info

DRBFISH

The event is held at the Howard Miller Steelhead Park in Rockport on the Skagit River.

Depending upon traffic, it is about two hours north and east of Seattle. Others more familar with the area can chime in with more precise directions.

RPhelps:smokin:

·
Registered
44 Posts
drbfish said:
Could someone tell me a bit more about this clave? I am going to be in Seattle then and was thinking about driving up. Is it on a river? How long drive from Downtown Seattle?
Two hours is about tight, thanks Ray. Take the 208 exit on I-5 That is Hwy 530. follow 530 all the way to Rockport, about 50 mi. Turn left in to the park as soon as you cross ghe Skagit river. We will be at the west end of the park. The ranger said he won't enforse the parking regulations that day. The is a motel about 7 0r 8 mi. east of Rockport on the left, Totem Trail, for $45.00 for a single, $5.00 for each additional person. Their number is 360-873-4535.

I hope you can make it

1 - 20 of 30 Posts