Spey Pages banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize I am preaching to the choir here, but I feel I need to publicly sing the praises of RB Meiser Rods. In addition to making some of the most beautiful and finest casting rods out there, they stand behind their products 100%. I recently contacted Mr. Meiser regarding an issue I was having with my Highlander S2H12668C and without going into all the details, suffice it to say that he went WAY above and beyond my expectations to remedy the situation.

I write this in hopes that anyone out there on the fence about wether or not to spend the money on a Meiser should do so with full confidence!

Tight Lines!

·
Scandit sublima virtus
2,262 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more. No better man around.

Plus, Bob has a preternatural sense for matching people with the rod that suits them best, drawing on a lifetime of wisdom. And he does a lot of off the radar work with disabled vets.

·
Line Speed
127 Posts
I have also recently had a word with Bob and my goodness, what a respectable gentleman. He will 100% stand behind his rod and go beyond. He is very knowledgeable and will never lead you astray when it comes to rod choices. If you use one of this rod, he wants you to enjoy them and have fun as much as he does. Awesome!

·
It's gonna happen.
380 Posts
Bob not only has incredible customer service, he's also just a plain awesome dude. He was so kind to donate an 11' Highlander trout spey rod to the Westslope Chapter of Trout Unlimited to help us raise funds to remove an old dam on Rattlesnake Creek in Missoula. I can't say enough about what a great gift this is. Removing this dam will open up miles of pristine spawning habitat for cutthroat and bull trout. You rock, Bob! Oh, and of course his rods are beautiful and cast great, too.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm rarely brand loyal, and all of my single handers collected and self built over the years come from a variety of companies. However, all of the 2-handers I own (7 or 8 maybe 9, I've lost count) are all Meisers of one shape or another. Will be pulling the trigger on another one soon too!

·
It's gonna happen.
380 Posts
how much are the raffle tickets???
$20 for one. I believe we're doing a 3 for $50 as well. All proceeds go to on-the-ground restoration projects in the Clark Fork watershed.

In addition to the rod donated by Bob, we also have a 6.5 Creedmoor Kimber Rifle with Vortex Scope and a Water Master Kodiak 8’10” Raft with Fins for the same deal. All are available through our Givesmart site. If you're in western Montana, you can also get tickets to the banquet online through the site. You get a tasty dinner and we have an awesome silent and live auction for a number of great items, including a Sotar Blackfoot Strike and frame.

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,449 Posts
All this praise about Bob Meiser is hogwash. He is a very evil man that pushes rods that get people addicted. Once he has them in his evil clutches, they buy more and more rods. They can never get enough and he has so many options. I’m asking for congressional hearings into this scourge upon our rivers!

Sinktip - RB Meiser rod addict

(Bob is one of a kind, a gentleman and makes some of the best rods out there.)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I recently traded my Highlander for a Burkhiemer Salmon rod, I have three Burkies now and love them all, but the Mieser has good Karma and my friend who ended up with it went to BC last fall and landed a twenty pound Steelhead with it. (He wouldn’t trade back)!
Maybe not the wisest trade I’ve ever made.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts