Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
speyguide
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have #4 of the limited 300 copies print from Schmookler n Sils.
Maj. John Popkin Trahern Flies 1826-1901. Mint condition. From my personal collection. If you don't know these flies you should research these... or just buy the book ! This is a wonderful book with amazing history and photo's.
$800.00 REDUCED REDUCED NOW ONLY $700.00 That's $250 off market value !!!!
Shipping cost varies depending on your location, money order or wire transfer preferred, check accepted (ship after check clears)

Attachments

·
speyguide
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump....I only list this Rare book here because it deserves an elite owner. The thought of a non-fishing, non-tying person owning this work of art hurts my feelings.
hope you're all fishing and thanks for looking !

·
Registered
91 Posts
I wish I could buy that book, I was looking for it for a long time. I dont have the $ to spend on a book right now. Wish you lived around here I would like to just look threw it. That is the book of books to own for the Salmon fly tier.

·
Speysayer
254 Posts
I am sure that book is worth every penny, but Schmookler material, in general, is priced in such a way that it is inaccessibly for most. Even the Art of Angling Journal is super expensive and hard to come by. I understand the economics, but it still does not reconcile the price in my mind. I wish you the best of luck and I know that book will eventually find a good home.

·
speyguide
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
steelyjim and sman,
I've drifted from one source to another looking for quality responses to all forms of fly fishing culture and i find myself here on speypages enjoying every thread and photo i see..!
Thanks for the respectful comments and wish you the best days on the water.
As for the book and the mags of Schmookler..you are correct either they're priced outside what would seem reasonable for most or..they're so heavy they're hard to handle !! no better accumulation of info and photos anywhere though..
Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts