Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

here a rainbow variation i tied couple weeks ago. its on a lucas hook.

not really happy with it over all. wing could be lot nicer and tab longer. there 8 toppings i think if i remember. ill probably cut it back for the hook and gut.

all comments welcomed
thanks
hope all is well,
kevin

Attachments

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
wow, looks crazy hard. ambitious effort, cool results. I'm not a huge fan of topping winged flies for aesthetics, but this looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Ya fish that *****!! I like it and you did a fine job on a tough style that I wont try..yet hahah

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
May I ask, what hook is this? I rather like the shape, the point, barb and gutters are pretty damn nice.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got it part of a lot from ronn for cheaper cause they whwre trial shapes/ little mistake or what not ita aboit a 4/0 5/0 no.clue.shape

·
Registered
895 Posts
haha ill fish gut but wont fish exibition hooks haha mustad and gut sure thing
Yeah, I wouldn't even think about tossing out a twelve dollar hook. I wouldn't even think about spending that on a hook either!! You guys are crazy!!!

Great tie, by the way, Kev! I only got to four crests and had to give up.

-Bill

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
i got it part of a lot from ronn for cheaper cause they whwre trial shapes/ little mistake or what not ita aboit a 4/0 5/0 no.clue.shape
I love it when I order from Ronn and get a "reject" what a treat, ita funny I can't see anything wrong with the "rejects". That wire size on that hook of yours is sweet!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
matt i agree his reject are stillamazing but side by side with one that not a reject you can tell.little difference and i find the none rejects( from what i have) are easier to wrap thread edge to edge then the rejects

·
Administrator
19,208 Posts
I really like this one Kevin.
I think you should re-tie it on a hook worth $1 and take it swimming :hihi:

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts