Spey Pages banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience of the s2h 1267/8 spey rod.
i am currently looking for a 12- 13 ft light line rod for small-medium spate rivers here in ireland.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
RS, the 12'6" or 13'6" 7/8?

The 12'6" is a grand rod for smaller stream/flow/summer work.

The 13-6 is what's (delightfully!) called the "Fred Evans Special." This is the finest spey rod I've ever used; only one that's even a tad better than the 'Burkie' of the same size/line weight.

Should have added: the extra foot of rod length really makes a huge difference in the size/weight of fly's you can use, as well as the length of the casts.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
NATE MEISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmie and I had thought you'd dropped off the end of the WORLD!!!

Either you call one of us, or we'll have to 'kiddnap' you and DRAG you KICKING AND SCREAMING on to the river. To say we've both missed you would be the worlds greatest understatement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So ... are you ready to start wetting some local lines?:devil: :devil: :devil: :smokin:

To add a 'PS' to this, Nate/wife-type and kids are some of the most wonderful young folk (keep in mind Jim and my age) you could ever, ever meet. With the Charity Spey Clinics he was one o the major 'facilitators' who really made this go. Give him a 'detail' to handle, you could forget the rest ... it was handled! Very, very cool young man.
fae!!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Nate, tell me what you want ..

and it's yours. And don't be a GD twit and say/think something really dumb. I've got rods out the 'bu..,' and can only fish with a couple at a time. So you need a rod(s) let me know what you want and you're covered. (482-6386 - home number)

Fred

·
JD
3,641 Posts
Wade Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Son of a,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Biscuit Eater! :D We (both Fred And I) thought you had fallen off the end of the earth.........Welcome back Nate. Hope to see you on the river...........Soon.

JD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts