Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the reason i am posting this is to find some thing out. is the r.b. meiser blank faster than pac bays pro series the reason i ask is the pac bay has the same warranty as lamiglass and r.b.meiser but of course i would not over pay for a lamiglass when meiser and pac bay are cheaper and pac bay is just a little cheaper than meiser and is also made in the usa and i am a big fan of this hopefully you can help me with this any ways thanks and good luck and tight lines brownie1013 <'}}}}}>~~~<

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Why don't you call Bob Meiser up and talk with him about his products. He is one of the most accessable rod builders around and really knows his products as well as a lot of others..
1-541-770-9522

·
Registered
477 Posts
Having built up one of Meiz's blanks, with another on the way and several more in the planning stage I can strongly recomend his rods(I have cast over a dozen of his rods, they are all exellent!) Pac Bay rods are solid middle of the road rods, Meiz's rods are very definitely high end/cutting edge rods - for the small differance in price I would definitely recomend Meiz's rods.
speydoc

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
spey doc

i have a question for you whith the price componets and the blank cost you could buy a meiser built buy him any wyas thanks for telling me though and tight lines

brownie1013 <'}}}}>~~~<

·
Registered
477 Posts
BT
If you are experienced at building up rods and keep your eye open for deals on components then your costs will be lower than a rod built up by Meiz - if you are buying quality components at store prices then there will not be much cost saving in building it yourself, besides Meiz does such a beatifull job! A rod that Meiz builds up for you will be a real work of art, something you will treasure in this age of mass produced factory clones - it depends upon what you want. I didn't add with my first awnser - yes, Meiz rods are a bit faster than Pac Bay, but they are not poles and are very sweet to cast!
speydoc

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Well if you go with meiser you have a blank that has been tested, tweaked, and refined with the help of dozens of guys in the field. You will not get that from pac bay.

-sean

·
loco alto!
3,052 Posts
another thing you get from Meiser are line recommendations from real world experience and angler feedback. Pac Bay makes a quality product for the price, but I'm guessing if you ask them for line recommendations, they'll tell you to choose a windcutter with the same numbers as the blank. ok, hmmm is that a 6/7/8, 7/8/9, or 8/9/10? Bob would know. Remember, lines are $75 a pop (or more), and most of us learned the hard way to mix-n-match lines to rods. Bob has a wealth of experience that can overcome this and get you quickly on your way.

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Like Sean said, Meiser gets feedback from a lot of very good spey casters as he works through the design process from initial prototype to final product, Pac Bay doesn't do that. Meise will also build you a rod with the components, colors, and feather inlays (his inlays are some of the best you will ever see) at a price that is lower than nearly all other high-end rods. In my opinion, there is no comparison between Meiser and Pac Bay. Pac Bay blanks are like the Wal-Mart, Meiser's rods and blanks are like Macy's or Nordstrom's.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks !!!

sean said:
Well if you go with meiser you have a blank that has been tested, tweaked, and refined with the help of dozens of guys in the field. You will not get that from pac bay.

-sean

this is what i wanted to hear. this is what i wanted to here about meiser that they are better then pac bay. for the reason you can get junk blanks whith bad actions. i only question this because i do not know that much abot meiser rods and you guy do.and once you wrap a rod you can not give it back.totaly thanks you guys for the inputand good luck and tight lines brownie1013
<'}}}}}}>~~~~<

1 - 9 of 9 Posts