Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this to facebook a few days ago so sorry if your seeing it again!

Fully in hand, all gossamer etc, just subbed and eagle and ibis. This fly is huge, 5/0. Ibis (i used turkey) is short, so id only use it in the main wing if i was doing a 1 or 2/0. Theres many different takes on this fly. I was going for a kelson wing shape.
This was My first time using cobblers wax and man ive been missing out. Its a life saver when i comes to in hand, much less wraps are required and sticks sooo well. I think im gonna take a break from the long hackled flies for abit.

I hope to see much more from everyone this year! Comments and critiques welcome as always.

Thanks

Andrew

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,164 Posts
That is a gorgeous fly Andrew !!
I like the version you posted , I think it would fish very well too !!
Top shelf tying for sure , well done :)

Mike

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
That is as nice a Quilled Eagle as ever. The two-tone hackle is an eye catcher. If you don't mind for asking - what did you use there?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
That is as nice a Quilled Eagle as ever. The two-tone hackle is an eye catcher. If you don't mind for asking - what did you use there?
Looks like AO eagle sub, Vic

And I agree with you, I've seen a few Quilled Eagles (one by a good friend and one by another superb tyer from across the pond ---both were excellent) and Andrew's ranks right up there with those fellows.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Super QE Andrew!
Thanks for posting this one.

James

·
Registered
361 Posts
Very nice work! Looks really good. I'm going to have to tie some and fish them. What did you use for hackle?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts