Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Spey Is The Way
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would the Pfluger Trion 1912 be as an introductory or spare reel?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think this is a very good reel for all levels of angler. Might I suggest you consider the President 2884 also. I costs just a little more but has better capacity and weighs a bit less, also a bit sexier in my opinion to. Pleuger reels have great customer service back up.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Pflueger Trion

I have used the Trion for the last two years to fish for Steelhead, Chum and Chinook Salmon that range in weights from 10 to 50 pounds and have not encountered any problems. I do agree with the statement about the Pflueger President reel it does have more capacity and has the same drag as the Trion.

Ian

·
Banned
289 Posts
Tayside said:
I have used the Trion for the last two years to fish for Steelhead, Chum and Chinook Salmon that range in weights from 10 to 50 pounds and have not encountered any problems. I do agree with the statement about the Pflueger President reel it does have more capacity and has the same drag as the Trion.

Ian
I have also used the 1912-as far as the President model goes I do not think that a person needs to spend the extra money-it does not matter what reel a person gets,the tackle company`s will always come out with something else to try and open your wallet.With the 1912 there is lots of room for backing and it is a nice working and good looking reel besides.

harley

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got a Trion this year and have been very happy. I has handled everything I have given it. I receive a lot of compliments on the reel whenever I'm on the water, if that kind of thing is important to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts