Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading up to the Charlottes from Feb. to May and I'm planning on fishing on my days off. While checking out the job site this fall I had the chance to fish the Telell for Coho and had a great time but with the tight banks I'm thinking that a Spey rod would be more appropriate. I've never used Spey gear and probably won't use the gear very often at the end of the project seeing how I'm from Alberta so I don’t want to spend ton of $$$. Any advice on rods, reels ( I own a Greys #8 G lite), lines + flies that I should tie before heading up would be greatly appreciated. I guess a lesson would be useful as well, any one living on the islands willing to give a newbie a few lessons?

Thank in advance Ray Magnan

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would get the sage FLI 14' eight weight with a 550 rio skagit line. This set up will allow you to fish with big tips and big flies with ease. I would mainly tie big fluffy marabou flies with stinger hooks to maximize on landed fish. I would tie a ton in purple, orange, and black, but mix it up have tons of color combinations.

·
Registered
13 Posts
pink shrimp

tie some pink shrimp type patterns as well like the squamish poacher. Of course you will be fishing the Yakoon Have fun.

Richard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts