Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow is pre-season draw day for many Quebec rivers. Good luck to all who applied!

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'll be waiting for the call saying I am #1 on the wade sector of the Grand Cascapedia.. I think last year's was around 900! Have yet to fish it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's nice water. Have been fortunate to get there most years.
I'll be waiting for the call saying I am #1 on the wade sector of the Grand Cascapedia.. I think last year's was around 900! Have yet to fish it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a good result in the Bonaventure draw #67 of 450, so will be getting a call on the first day of reservations. Now to figure out when and what sectors to book. Cascapedia draw results not yet available.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got in under the wire #172 for the Cascapedia wade draw. Hopefully there will be some half decent slots left by the time I get the call.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I didn't even partake in the draws this year. I tend to do better being flexible, and I'm saving some coin. I'm thinking Matapedia, York and Bonnie open waters or 48h this year.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Hi Concrete,

I tend to agree with you. I see some Salmon Lodge members with early draw numbers. Is this in the rule of normal random numbers???

Doug

·
Registered
74 Posts
Fortunate this year in that I finally should get to fish the York and the Cascapedia wade section. Never fished them before - but not from lack of trying. I am near the end for the calls on the Cascapedia. I imagine I will be looking at dates other than June/July on the Cascapedia if it fills up fast.

·
Banned
201 Posts
Fortunate this year in that I finally should get to fish the York and the Cascapedia wade section. Never fished them before - but not from lack of trying. I am near the end for the calls on the Cascapedia. I imagine I will be looking at dates other than June/July on the Cascapedia if it fills up fast.
If you don't need your days all together you might get a day or two in june or july.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I never fished the east part in Canada, so far only British Columbia for steelhead.
On my last trip there I met an angler from New York and he told me that he just bought a property near the PATAPEDIA RIVER and intend to make a DIY lodge from it.
And he invited me to come fish there next year.
So I'm curious if for this river that draw is also necessary.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My first time fishing this last year (Matapedia); I was stunned by how few anglers were signed up for the Glen Emma beats in early June. Is this just a cost issue? I think the river could take something like 15 anglers in that beat but on two of the days I was fishing there were five people or less. John

·
Registered
34 Posts
I envy you guys ! This year I decided to go for 7 draws instead of 10 ( Grand " waded"and "guided", Petite, Bonaventure,Causapscal 1 and 2,Darmouth) but got ... nothing. Fortunately I have a friend or two who were luckier but I'll be on the public water too SimonD ! For you question Brambo, you have to participate in the draws for the Patapedia at least for the Quebec side of the river. Beautiful river, not a lot of salmon but a big ones can come early.
Nicolas

·
Registered
205 Posts
Brambo, if I'm not mistaken, zone 1 of the Patapedia (the closest to it joining the Restigouche), has unlimited rod access. Zones 2 and 3 are limited access and need to be reserved during the draws.
I caught my first salmon on the Patapedia (zone 3) on a dry fly. Will never forget that grilse!!!

I never fished the east part in Canada, so far only British Columbia for steelhead.
On my last trip there I met an angler from New York and he told me that he just bought a property near the PATAPEDIA RIVER and intend to make a DIY lodge from it.
And he invited me to come fish there next year.
So I'm curious if for this river that draw is also necessary.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks for correcting me Brian. The last time I fished the Pat was a long long time ago, and I believe back then sector one was unlimited. At least that's what I recall…. I think that grilse I caught was 27 lbs too!!!! Bwaahaahaa…. :0) Getting old...

All sectors on the Patapedia River are drawn waters
Sectors 2 and 3 are by the November 01 draw
Sector 3 is for 6 rods but we used to limit that to 4 and split the sector into two groups of 2. We used to pay for 6 rods, therefor got it to ourselves .
Sector 2 is limited to Quebec and N.B. residents and is a 3 day canoe run . Each province alternates. limited to 2 rods .
Sector 1 is only available by the 48 hr. draw . Also limited to 2 rods .

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Today was my day for a call from the Cascapedia Society. Will be spending a few days on the Branches (mainly Lake Branch) in mid Sept. Generally pleased with the result, despite a high draw number. So have two trips in the books so far for next season; early July on the Bonaventure and Sept on the Cascapedia. Could do worse!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Another year has rolled by and tomorrow is pre-season draw day for many Quebec rivers. Good luck to all who applied!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts