Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snowbee Co. has replaced the traditional neoprene bootie (sock) on their XS Line of breathable waders with one made of PVC. They cite several reasons for this innovation including neoprenes problems with bunching, compression, seams and seals. Intriquing!

Would anyone care to share any first hand experience you have had with this product?

Dave

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Hey Dave...

While I am a staunch believer in Dan Bailey wading products I can tell you the feet on the Snowbee waders work quite well. I have two friends that wear Snowbee waders and they both love the product.

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
I just had a pair sent to me to check out. Was a little surprised to see those booties but gave them a test run today in heavy surf conditions. I like them. The booties are very comfortable and they fit nicely in boots. The neoprene booties tend to bunch up which contributes to why they leak. Snowbee says since there are no seams in these booties they should never leak. Still love my simms G3s but I have had leaking problems with them.We will see how the snowbees stack up and will be putting them through some tough steelheading in the next couple weeks.

-sean

·
Registered
121 Posts
Intrigued

I've not yet seen the PVC booties, but very curious to know how they perform. I feel I have finally figured out how to use the neoprene bottoms and now there may be a better option ??? Filling up the neoprene bottom w/o getting it too tight is the dance. Too loose and the bunching occurs - - - too tight and you get cold feet. A second neoprene sock over the boot bottom definitely increases it's life, ( also puts you into a larger boot ). If and when opportunity provides, I'd love to know how the PVC is holding up.

Regards,

Garry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts