Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
seaterspey
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have told the wife what to expect from me in the next 2 years. I will go out and catch a Atlantic Salmon no matter what the cost, money and marriage!

This is a new adventure and know nothing about what I am getting myself into but push forward I will.

What can I expect?

Where to fish, I live in Nevada no AS in this area that I know of.

Someone out there point me in the right direction please!

KC

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
I will go out and catch a Atlantic Salmon no matter what the cost, money and marriage!
Scotland - head east

·
Registered
776 Posts
Wow. That is cool. Are you getting away with it? If I tried something like that with my wife, I would be drawn and quartered. With the new baby, I have to work a tight schedule of back rubs, laundry, cooking, diaper changes... If I want to get out on the water.

Let us know how the journey goes and all the best.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well I have told the wife what to expect from me in the next 2 years. I will go out and catch a Atlantic Salmon no matter what the cost, money and marriage!

This is a new adventure and know nothing about what I am getting myself into but push forward I will.

What can I expect?

Where to fish, I live in Nevada no AS in this area that I know of.

KC

Ridge Pool, on the Moy, Ballina, Ireland. you'll need to book soon. only half days are available.

Take the wife - she'll love the castles and gardens.

·
seaterspey
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Zencaster been there and done that! My kids are now 17 and 18 no more diaper changing for this boy. All I can say is enjoy these times while they are here it changes fast, little ones are a joy.

Good food for thought and great information. I been wanting to do this for so long but the cost and where I live stopped me every time. I still work full time but it's time for me to get out there and discover what else the two hander can provide me. I've been wanting to go to Scotland and Ireland my whole life and if I can can do both with my wife that would be a bonus.

I was just on the Salmon Junkie website and that looks awesome, love to go to Russia!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I am going to the Atlantic Salmon Reserve on the Kola Peninsula next year and need a partner.. Interested?

Pete

·
Registered
823 Posts
oh boy

Sure, let me give you the number of my divorce attorney. Hes a steelheader ---and understands.

She didn't.

·
Registered
625 Posts
A Word Of Caution

An old friend of mine, a retired superior court judge now passed, once told me that if not for Atlantic salmon and women he would have been a very rich man. He caught many,many salmon, and had multiple wives.

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Salmon vs Marriage?

Plan a nice trip with wife to the UK. Brendon (I think) offers very nice coach tours hitting all of the "must see" places. After the tour is finished, send wife home while you stay another week & fish. Do not attempt to mix the two activities. Treat her well while it is her time & she will reciprocate when it comes your time. Much more economical than divorce, believe me.

·
Registered
949 Posts
That's what I did too...put my foot right down...showed her who's boss !

(Well, Ididn't actually say it...but I thought it..:roll: )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts