Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Presidents day weekend in February is shaping up. Will be the 14th through the 17th. Looks like the Yuba at this point. I know there are six or seven people going so far. Anybody who is interested in details, please contact me.
Jims in Fresno

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Jim, it sounds like a great get-together. Sitting here in frosty New England, thoughts of your mini-clave will be dancing in my head.

Best of luck with this and please send us lots of pictures!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like Presidents' weekend mini-clave is set. Camping at Sycamore Ranch campground on the Yuba. I and a few others will be there by noon on Friday the 14th. Will head home on Monday the 17th. We plan on a speyrod workshop and generally watching and swapping styles on Friday afternoon with fishing on Saturday and Sunday. A number of people are going to bring pontoons or prams to float the river.

Sing and D. Duncan chaeck your private messages.

Jims

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yuba Spey Clave

Jim & Everybody -
I may have invited a couple more folks, we'll see. I think we're looking at as many as 11 people, but my memory ain't to keen. :hehe:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I may show up on Saturday

but I will be packing for a blue water fly fishing trip out of Ixtapa. I'm leaving on the 18th and I hate forgeting anything so I spend about 4 days going over my list and tying that last fly. It's about a 2 hr 20 min drive to the hwy 20 bridge from my home in Gardnerville, NV. Do you have anything planned so that one day may be better to attend than the next?

The river is flowing at about 2500 cu ft. Dredging the bottom for steelhead won't be too easy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yuba mini-Clave

Plan to float the river Saturday. If you don't have a poontoon style boat, I have an extra. Or you can walk up/down stream from the campground or the bridge. Upstream of the bridge will have limited access do to present high water. Jims - this pretty much what you had in mind?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Presidents Day Mini-Clave

Jim,
Sounds like a great event, I'm sorry I'll miss it as a friend and I are heading north to fish the Elk R. in Oregon that weekend.

I've wanted to wet a line in the Yuba for some time now after I saw it enroute to Reno on a boy's getaway trip a few years back. It sure looked like sweet water while we were flying by off to the tables. Best of luck on a great gathering, and please post a note how it went. John

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pretty much what I had in mind...

Bellyboat had it summed up pretty much. playin' on Friday afternoon with fishing on Saturday and Sunday. Nevada Caster, if you do come over, check the wheather forecasts toward the end of next week. Then let us know.
Jims

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Sounds like fun though river may be high. Unfortunately that is valentines weekend and think my options for gettting there are limited!!! My only potential shot would be on Monday and it sounds like things will wind up by then

Have fun!!

Rick J

1 - 9 of 9 Posts