Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the two handed Powell Tiboron rods? They are reputed to be fast and responsive and well suited to overhead casting.
thanks

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,480 Posts
Jack,

I have only cast the 14' and the 15' for 9 versions. I would not characterize them as fast but they are a nice casting spey rod. I don't use a double hander for overhead casting so am not able to give an opinion on how they would be. I know JJohnson on here has a couple of the Powell's. I'm seeing him later today so I will let him know to weigh in on your post.

sinktip

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well I have heard the same thing about the new Tiberon's. I have the 15 and 14 foot 9 weights but the old one's and I have to say for my style of casting I don't think I could get a better matched rod a medium action rod. A couple of years ago (3 I think) powell redesigned the tiberons and I guess changed them and made them fast. I don't know what makes a good overhead rod so I probably don't have a lot of insight there. That is about all the info I have on them. I am headed to the shop this afternoon and will ask to see if anyone has other info on them.

JJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts