Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone headed to Poppy's Clave Sept 30th at Lenore? Considering it myself as there's always a ton of talent there to present and lots to see and learn. Red Neck O Rama is always a good time as well on Sunday morning. Wondering if Greg will go home with the cookie again...

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm planning on being there. Can't wait, it's always a great time with some of the best spey talent available giving demos. And he even feeds you.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I'll be in the booth with Gene.....and a couple of days on the river.

If you are on the fence about attending I would strongly encourage you to show, and bring all your friends. These claves are a big commitment and expense on the part of the vendors/reps and an enormous commitment by Poppy, Linda and the entire Redshed crew. Please, if you want these events to continue don't take them for granted, the more people that show up the more worthwhile it is for all of the vendors and sponsors. Even if you don't want to demo or purchase gear these claves represent an tremendous opportunity to learn something about casting, fishing, flies, tackle, etc. If you've ever started a thread entitled "what line for my (insert make and model of rod)", or " what running line", or "having trouble with single spey or mid-belly"............................................................... then attend.

Additionally, this particular clave is pretty unique in that there is a disproportionately large number of the best casters in the world in attendance. They are all great guys and more than willing to go down to the river and spend an hour giving you some help. And for heavens sake BRING YOUR WADERS!!!!!!

I am now going to climb down off my soap box and go have some more coffee. See you there.

TMc

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm going

Well the best part of switching jobs is having weekends off now. Bout time I make it out there!!:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Additionally, this particular clave is pretty unique in that there is a disproportionately large number of the best casters in the world in attendance. They are all great guys and more than willing to go down to the river and spend an hour giving you some help. And for heavens sake BRING YOUR WADERS!!!!!!
A great event!
Too bad most of these seasoned casters no longer post on the Pages.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts