Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My current set are a bit lacking. Looking for a recommendation on a new set. I have a Scadden skykomish sunrise.
Thx’s

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hard to go wrong with a quality, carbon fiber oar like Cataract Mini Mags or Saywer SST. They are not cheap...quality usually isn't. But considering that is what is getting you down the river (assuming your not on stillwaters), it doesn't pay to skimp on a quality product to help you get back to the take out. Think about how much you spend on a rod/reel/line setup, which doesn't really directly relate to your safety on the water but rather your enjoyment. Shouldn't the two items that are actually getting you safely down the river deserve at least the same consideration?

·
Hacker
610 Posts
I spoke with NRS about this and ended up with mini-mags. They have taken a lot of abuse and come out just fine!

·
Registered
945 Posts
We just used our new set of Sawyer SST's with shoal cut blades yesterday on a Scadden assault X. Huge difference compared to the stock oars. It's almost like having a motor.

·
Registered
RL Winston, Loop Classic, Hardy Perfect
866 Posts
Those are the two most reputed brands for sure. Can't really go wrong. Use the cheaper ones as extras to have with you incase something breaks.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Coug and Tom...did you drill the shafts for the pin system on the Scadden's? I was told by both manufacturers you'll void the warranty....?

Preston

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hey Tom,
Looking to upgrade the oars on my Scadden XX as well. What length did you get and similar questions as Preston with regards to the drilling.
Thanks,
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts