Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What length poly leaders do you all recommend with a 7134? Is there a benefit to going to a 14ft vs the 10? Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I like to use 10ft polys with scandi lines on that rod because I mostly use 3.9 sink and 4.9 sink the most and 14ft polys start to get up there in grain weight in those sink rates. If using floating, intermediate or 2.6 sink than 10ft or 14ft are fine. With scandi lines in the 450 to 480 range the weight of the poly is more important then the length.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses.. Coug, I actually bout the Gaelforce per your recommendation in my previous thread. I usually fish the Float/Hover/Intermediate, would you fish each of those in the 14' length? Thanks!

·
Hacker
597 Posts
Thanks for the responses.. Coug, I actually bout the Gaelforce per your recommendation in my previous thread. I usually fish the Float/Hover/Intermediate, would you fish each of those in the 14' length? Thanks!
I have not tried the others on the Gaelforce line, Bruce will know better than I about that. I have those others and have weighed them, but unfortunately I am back to work:frown2:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts