Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
and came across this 'trade a trip' web site. However, this particular "trade" caught my eye.:devil:

Name Little Sparrow
Address Rataskaevu 9/3
Tallinn, Tallinn
Email: [email protected]
Has to trade
Hi, if you are a real hunter and want to have nice hunting week far form your wife's stress. To plunge in a wild estonian atmosphere made of green wild forests. Accommodation in comfortable Chalettes, typical and international kitchen, international wine cantina, Where young, beautiful and sexy "chambermaid" and "waitress" will welcome you after an hard hunting day, with "hot sauna" and "relaxing massages", "dance shows" and "after dinner party" Available 20% discount for groups (minimum 4 persons)
Wants to trade for
Accommodation all included: 7 days / 6 nights 2000 Euro for person. Wine, alcohol, sauna, massage, Shows, Party and tips to "waitress"and "chambermaid" are not included We will pleasant to give more info if you will write us

Hal, I may not be the brightest bulb in the fixture, but is there some not so subtle underlying message here.... :eek:

Ok, lets review the bidding: Hal says he was on line looking for a new hat and comes up with this ........ What, "exactly," did you put into the Google search block to go from hats to the above. Or, just what kind of hat were you looking for?
fe:tsk_tsk:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Fred,

It is the magic of the internet, you never know where you will end up by placing "thinsulate hat" into your search engine. I use Google most of the time. Took me to that web site, I did not like the hats, saw the "Trade a Trip" section of the web site and surfed their , and that was the first entry in that section.

Maybe we need that type of section on this forumn ? I will gladly trade personally guided great lakes steelhead trip for something similar in the PNW.

Will have to check out Tallinn though with my European business colleagues. Where is it ? Some one said in Italy I thought it may be one of those new eastern bloc countries which are desparately looking for business.

To much risk for me to go there. Who wants to spend a fly fishing vacation watching the chamber maid clean anyway. :devil:

Later,

Hal

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hal, Oh so tempted but..

there is no way in h... I'm going to touch the last line of your post.
:devil:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Found It

Fred,

Tallinn is capital of Estonia, which was one of the former Russian provinces. 44% of it is forests and woodlands, must trout or salmon streams there.

Here is the CIA profile on it. Great site for this type of information.

Looks like they have trout there at least, not sure of Atlantic Salmon though, could be with them being on Baltic sea.

What do you think the next step is ?

Hal

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/en.html

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VERY GOOD question: Hal....

When 'wife type' is not looking, your in charge of the "research."

Now don't you wish you'd never made this post?:hehe:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I was bad, I know

Okay I promise I will never search the net for a thinsulate hat again.

But I did find the hat I was looking for. So the incidental interception to Tallinn was worth it.

I least I know where it is now.

If any one goes shoot me a PM on the fishing results.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, Hal, told you I'd not let this die a 'natural death.'

Web 'click' or tell us about "little Sparrow."

This is too good to just let go.:devil:

You little Devil you!:tsk_tsk:

ps: there are times when life is good; this is just too off the wall not to share.:eek:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Fred

Sorry I have gone into my corporate privacy secret mode on this one.

The only further communication on this would be oral face to face, where no tracks are left, my corporate compliance attorney has taught me well how to try and avoid future legal depositions.

Internet E-mail is one of the biggest threats to breaches of personal and corporate privacy.

When I meet you in the future I will tell all.

Hal

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to worry .....

I sent "little Sparrow" and the "chambermaid" you e mail address. They will contact you direct.:eek:

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
I am sooooo dying at the bit to a post a certain something regarding a certain 'guide' but I will be a good boy and show a large amount of discression out of respect for Juro and Dana and all of FlyTalk. :D

·
Registered
459 Posts
I learned a lesson

All this and I decided to give my OLD thinsulate camoflage hat
another season.

Oh well I learned something searching the Internet can lead you to dangerous places.

Have to check back to see if they have filled those vacancies over in Estonia. Would love to know how many americans I got them business with, maybe I could get a free trip or something but only if they have an andramous fishery ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm IN!

Hey Listen you Guys. Its 20% off for group of 4 or more. I have a nephew who is married to one of those girls, and if the chamber maids are anything even close. I am definitely in!:eyecrazy: Hell I just hope they have fish?:hehe:

·
Registered
459 Posts
My wife is 50% Lithuiana

Just checked the map again Lithuiana is just south of Estonia also
on the Baltic Sea.

I could tell my wife I was looking for her family roots maybe and looking at that map, with both countries being on the Baltic Sea there has to be some Atlantic Salmon in those rivers there I would think.

Does any one know ? Also if any one has gone have they come back alive? Those countries are not in good shape economically I could see them taking advantage of us supposedly rich arrogant
Americans.

Nah, to much risk, case closed on Estonia for me my wife would never buy it, should have married some one with less upstairs if you know what I mean.

:(

·
Registered
294 Posts
Salmon

The fishing for salmon in Latvia another baltic state next to Estonia,is certainly there but getting info is difficult .
An aquaitance who is in the UK diplomatic service is due to be posted there and has promised to find out the potential , this posting may not happen for a year or so ,dont hold your breath !

·
Registered
45 Posts
Fred,
You know if your misses doesn't mind, perhaps you and Dave might arrange to have Little Sparrow and her friends join us at the 2003 Rogue Spey Clinic. They might just be the right sort of "bait" to get Way and Steve to bless us with another fine learning experience; hell, those boys might just learn something too.

I can imagine it now, the bribes you would have to fend off in compiling a "limited time offer" sign up sheet, and my God, the logistics Dave and you would have to contend with in bringing Little Sparrow's four-poster riverside. You two set an amazing standard, everbody was in truly in awe of that streamside table and the feast you laid out at the past clinic, so I'm sure you understand our complete confidence in you're ability to raise the bar. No, we're not talking about your blue pills - set those aside. Hey, you guys are just the men for the job and I wish to extend my immediate vote of confidence in you lads. Count me in, and let me know when I may send my check? John

P.S. I hope you won't think less of me for this, I mean it's not like I'm requesting a gerbil, but do you think you could arrange for some sort of swing apparatus? And, I'd appreciate it if you don't mention this special request to my wife.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts