Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for kicks, I thought to post up yet another color version of the only fly I seem to know how to tie. I posted pics of this fly on my social media page and my bud Mark named it Pink Panther so think I'll go with that! My buddy Steve is heading north this summer and asked for some pink skaters so I'm whipping up a dozen to send off with him. These are tied on old Mustad 9672s, sz 2. Hopefully, they are pink enough...

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,089 Posts
Ah ha !!! The pink worm skater fly :chuckle:
This has got to get a rise for you, I don't care which river you fish brother, this fly will produce ... go fish it :smokin:
Your skaters are amazing Todd !!

Mike

·
Registered
895 Posts
Great colors on that one, Todd.

Pretty soon, your skaters are going to be the only flies anyone is using!

Even Inspector Clouseau would approve!!

-Bill

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
http://38.media.tumblr.com/458f989b65dc3a5bdbf80c635e8b7936/tumblr_n888yzWIUg1qks9jeo1_500.gif

Pink or blue...pink or blue...pink or blue.....

They're all so tasty!:hihi:

You tie those so technically well that I think you can tie most any other fly (but why? when it aint a dry?) ;)
WHY?!?! This coming from the guy that only ties the most difficult patterns in hand?!? Because we are all a little nuts!

Todd I agree with Adrian though, you could tie anything you wanted but you do these so well and its what you fish... so keep em coming! I love seeing what you do with em!

This color would kill silver's in a Alaska BTW, pink wogs are awesome up there but suck to cast and fish. You solved that issue!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys:
Thanks for you kind comments and for putting up with my weird tendency to keep posting the same fly, but in different colors - been doing this since 2012' - I've got to get a life!! But I've got to admit that focusing on a single pattern does lend to some experimenting with different colors. In this case, this fly was born out of a "tying request" from my good friend Steve Turner who said "hey, can I con you into tying some pink skaters??" I'm glad that I obliged to Steve's request as I kinda like this pink surface invader myself.

Josh/Adrian: Thanks for your faith that I could someday tie something beyond my basic skater pattern. But you are both right, I don't spend as much time as I should on patterns that don't float - talk about a one track mind.

Tip': good idea, I think I may have to give this fly a spin on a famous Skeena trib this fall.

NV/Josh/Tim: Agreed, I may have to try to find out if this fly would be an Alaska friendly fly for Silvers. Too bad Alaska's not in my travel agenda. I may have to send a few off to someone who's heading up there who'd be willing to try one of these in place of a wog'.

Todd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts