Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rainbow/Waterfall/Unicorn
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on the forum have any experience with the Element series that Pieroway offers, particularly the 1367? Grain range, action, flex pattern, pros/cons, etc.

(I'm familiar with the Metal Detector series so not looking for assistance there, other than how the two series may differ.)

Any related insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I cast the rod at a Pieroway demonstration day a few years back.I thought it was a nice rod and if memory serves me correctly I think it was more of a scandi type rod than the Metal Detector.I'm guessing but I think a 450 scandi line would be nice.
Tight Lines
Copsamps

·
Registered
229 Posts
Have a 12ft 6 in for 6 wt element. Use a 380 scandi on it and really like the rod. The handle was to big for my grip and cork wasn,t the best. Other than those 2 small complaints it is a very nice rod,flexes into grip,light in hand for all day work. Never tried it with a skagit so no help there but for top water its a very nice easy to cast rod. If the handle shape is the same you either need big hands or plan on some sanding to fit your grip but not a big deal .

·
Spey Is The Way
1,024 Posts
I have that exact rod and love it. I am using a 480 Scandi Compact on it. Other than blank colour and reel seat it looks exactly like my 13'7" 8/9 LeCie. I would not be surprised if they were made in the same factory. I actually like the Pieroway a little better because it has a little more cork on the front end. I have no doubt it could also handle a 510 Scandi as well. I have no idea about flex pattern or action. It has become my go to rod and the LeCie is my backup or a rod I just use occasionally. The Pieroway looks real good with a Bougle on it.

Leo

·
Rainbow/Waterfall/Unicorn
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re:

Appreciate the comments afforded pertaining to my Element queries.
I guess I should have included that I was hoping that it would handle various lines in the 475-525 grain range (which it sounds according to Leo, that it will).

Don't care for oversized grips or the factory reel seat, so will be wrapping the rod myself. Will report on how it turns out/works out.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts