Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peter and anyone of interest,

I got my Loop Blue 12'4" 8wt(Peter.....the one you are getting right?) in 3 days after I ordered it. It was brand new and it is a great rod. I wish I would have shown you at the Great Lakes clave, but I never brought it out....too many rods to try.

The rod is quite fast, and has alot of reserve power in the butt. It is fairly light, and balanced well with a Ross BG Canyon 7, which is fairly light as well. When I tested it, I used a floating Rio Atlantic salmon/steelhead taper(9wt) with an indicator, 14' leader and a small splitshot with a tandem rig of two nymph patterns. This is a typical GL rig since we need to get down deep to work runs, slots, pockets, chutes and shallower lies, quickly with a drag free drift. It produced long casts, but you could see that the tip produced enough of the power to lay out 60-80' casts with ease, with enough power in the butt to make longer casts or when loading heavier lines or heads/tips. With a weighted fly, sinking leader or a 200-400 grain sinking head it should work well. I wouldn't know what the rod was made to do, but it is perfect here in our Great Lakes, and might make a good summer rod in the Pacific NW. It may of been made for shooting heads in Scandanavia, which I could see where the rod would be perfect. I plan on using it in the surf for steelhead since it would allow shooting heads to be casted with ease. The only drawbacks I see is that it has only one small stripper guide(I like larger strippers, maybe 2 or 3) and the shorter handle. I can see why Loop might do this, maybe since it might be made for shooting and isn't necessary to have such items.

I just firgured I would let you know what I thought of this rod and hope you get it soon.

:rolleyes: :D :D

J

·
0 Posts
Peter, I responded to your post yesterday, but somehow it didn't "stick." US dealers can get this rod immediately. If I ordered it today it would be here within three days. I have to assume that the problem is with the Canadian distributorship. If I were you I'd have your dealer start leaning on his rep or distributor. Threaten to take your business to a US dealer. That might get you the attention you deserve.

J

·
0 Posts
I wonder what I'm doing that these other people aren't. I've shipped roughly two dozen packages to Canada since 9/11 and to my knowledge none got lost, was particularly late, nor did any customer complain about brokerage charges. It could be that they just didn't let me in on any of this, but most of the time customers do. Personally, I'd make arrangements with a US dealer to buy it and have it waiting for you the next time you come to the states. If it's mixed in with your other fishing gear I can't imagine you'd have a problem when heading back across. That won't help you for May 6th, but at least you'd get the rod some time soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts