Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD Here it is. One of the cleanest reel I've seen that age. I'm no expert, but I believe it to be from the late 40's. The reel is RHW and function and look as a new one would. Except tiny marks here and there. Super tight and loud. The adjustment screw works flawlessly. It's a beauty.

I would only trade with a 3 3/4 to 4 1/4 LHW with line guard. Either the newer models or an old one. I was hoping I could reel RHW. It's not happening. So this reel is just sitting on a shelve in my livingroom.

Asking $600 USD shipped CONUS and Canada. Comes with None original Hardy case.

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,368 Posts
Nice reel. Love my 3 1/2 on switch rods.

What leads you to believe the late 40's? The handle makes me think early than the late 60's to early 70's but wouldn't guess to date it any earlier. Looks like it has a stamp on the inside but can't see it. That would possibly help refine the build date.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks sinktip

Like I said, I'm no expert. But from what I've been told from people i trust is this reel, is late 40's - early 50's. If you look at Late 60's and 70's reel have the bump in the center. From mid 50's 60's and 70's reel have black handles.

Nice reel. Love my 3 1/2 on switch rods.

What leads you to believe the late 40's? The handle makes me think early than the late 60's to early 70's but wouldn't guess to date it any earlier. Looks like it has a stamp on the inside but can't see it. That would possibly help refine the build date.

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,368 Posts
GB,

I checked all my references and I don't find a 15 stamp anywhere. Sorry.

Tip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts