Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brothers,

Let us not forget the BROTHERS,UNCLES,FATHERS,FRIENDS and the WOMEN.
That made this country strong. December 07, 1941. Was a day in history that we will never forget. Let us also, thank our SONS AND DAUGHTERS that are out there to protect us NOW and thank them for are FREEDOM.

·
Registered
43 Posts
so as you say, freedom isnt free. it comes at a cost an some times that cost is so great its hard to bare. retired military 26 years an 2 wars later, i love my freedom.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
A "one liner" that's always stuck with me (to the effect): "If you can read this, thank a Teacher; if you're reading this in English, thank a Soldier."

·
Addicted and Avid
583 Posts
I wanted to reply on December 7th but couldn't.....

December 7, 1941, was my Dad's 21st birthday. He had already been in the US Army for almost 2 years. On that day, he was in jump school. He first faught Nazi's in North Afrika. He then transported to the UK, faught in France and was in the Army of Occupation in Germany. He never came home until late 1946. He was activated for Korea but never had to go. His best friend and my god-father, who was shot down over France during WWII but made it to allied lines, was a jet fighter pilot in Korea and was shot down. He spent a couple of hellish years in a North Korean prisoner of war camp. Dad died of cancer in 1980. My god-father is 87 now and still plays 18 holes of golf every morning during the season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts