Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd take a moment to say thank you to Dana and to all of you for making this community what it is. It's been very good to me and I've reaped way more than I could give back. I have what will likely be long lasting friendships with people I may never meet to but correspond with regularly. And I get a great amount of intimate details into their lives. I've learned more than I knew there was to know about fish, rods, technique, and water. SP has opened up a really nice niche activity for me that I share with few friends and my daughter.

I've learned about Meiser, ACR, Burke, sweet grass, speyco, Bob clay, Bill Lowe, and many others and I've had truly altruistic offers from more than a dozen people who were more than happy to send me equipment to use during a less desirable period of my life. That's not typical. I've put my foot in my mouth on many occasions and been forgiven. (Thankfully) and with few exceptions you can see how many people successfully find meaning in the many allegories and metaphors about life that time on the water presents.

Anyway, with all the negative press (some of it justified in my view as nothing is all things to everyone) I wanted to say thank you everyone

Thanks for taking the time to share your advice, criticisms, secrets, mechanical prowess, life experience, and generosity

Be well

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Well said! I echo your sentiments. I've been here since 2008 and likewise, made some lasting friendships through discussion and correspondence through this board. I've learned much and have even been able to share bits that have been interesting and helpful to others.

Indeed, Thank you Dana, Duggan, Sean,et al.

Todd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts