Spey Pages banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a pair of Men's Rio Gallegos waders from Patagonia for sale. The short story is they are "regular" size but I need "long".

The long story is they are a warranty replacement set that was sent to me last winter from Patagonia. I did not get a chance to try them until a spring trip to Lee's Ferry and then found out they were too short for me. I did wear them once for about 8 hours.

I tried to exchange them with Patagonia (they were very helpful), but they don't have a long pair until the end of November, which precludes steelhead season.

The 8 hour use discount buys these for $400.

New price is $300.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interested; I sent you a couple of PM's regarding sizing. I'm a shoe size 9 1/2 about. Would these booties (size 10-12) be too big, or just right? I assume I'd want to wear wool stockings. --Lars

·
Administrator
2,496 Posts
VIer...I'm trying to buy these off of you and have sent a couple PM's. Please touch base when you have a moment.

To the poster above...a 9 1/2 is probaby going to swim in the bootie on the 10-12. I am a 10 1/2-11 (very wide foot) and have room. That being said, they might work for you. When I have booties that are too big for my feet I tend to have crumpled up bootie in the boot (Size 12 Patagonia Rock Grips) ...which is no fun when walking or wading. Not trying to kill a deal...just my experience as I own a couple pair of these in this size currently and wear a wool mid weight hiking sock.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Guys,

I have offered them to someone earlier today (via this board), but have not heard back which is where the delay lies. Please be patient with me til tomorrow.

I can't speak to boot / sock size. These have the wool boot. I have a few pairs of these waders. My experience is the sock does not bunch as easily.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey VIer,

I think I might have been confused about size; I was assuming it was the large wader with 10-12 size boot.

Which size is this, exactly? I'm looking at the Patagonia sizing chart. Is it the "Medium" or the "Large Wader/ Medium Bootie" size? You said it was an 8-10 bootie size.

The 8-10 bootie size should work for me, but I'd like to confirm the other measurements.

Thanks, --Lars

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ah, from post above; Regular fit - Large size, indicates a shoe size 10-12. Sorry, I'm confused. I haven't used these waders before, and just want to make sure they would fit me :). Thanks, --Lars

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.