Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have one of you some experience with the new Patagonia stretch SST jacket? Is the front zipper O.K.?

·
loco alto!
3,109 Posts
the front zipper works well, but its a little tough to move because of the watertight design. Use two hands when zipping up, one hand is enough when zipping down

·
Registered
328 Posts
nice jacket, don´t one one my self. i have the patagonia sst and the simms freestone gore-tex jackets - i can say, thahts Simms & Patagonia jacket are quality! but im considering a simms guide, simms g3 or a patagonia sst strech for next season.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Henning:

I have used the SST Stretch for the past 8 months or so. It is very light, much lighter than the Simms Guide jacket which is my favorite "heavy" weather jacket. I think the stretch SST is an improvement over the old SST. It does not feel inhibiting, as it is light and the stretch does seem to make a difference. I think it breathes better than the heavier jackets that I own. It may not be as bramble proof as the old Simms Guide. I love the covered adjustable cuffs. I first fished it heavy in Russia last year, and the water was very cold. With the cuff system, I could immerse my hand in the water to release a fish without getting my arms wet. The covered cuff adjustment system is great... the old one was annoying because the shooting line always seemed to get caught on it. Not anymore. The only beefs I have with it are the pockets - really deep, and you need two hands to open and close them. The hood also fits a bit big, and to my taste when you zip it all the way up, the collar could be a bit more snug to keep the chin warmer. I would have liked a water resistant zippered "napoleon" pocket that is easy to get to from the front without having to unzip the main zipper (like for a radio). You also have to take the jacket off to get at the back pocket, which isn't great if it is raining and blowing. Some dongles to attach a zinger and a hemostat would be nice too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts