Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have got a really good price on a Patagonia SST Jacket year moddel 2002 and the Colour is Hunter Green. The jacked is not new butt its only yoused a few times (he had Simms and Loop jackets too, that he sold now, he gonna by the new Simms G3 jacket). Soe the jacket is in really good condition. Is it a good deal?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Jacob,tough to tell without a price. Out of curiousity what Loop jacket did he have and how did your friend feel it compared to the others?
Brian Niska

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I think he had the Loop Gore-TEx jacket and he and many others i scandinavia think this jacket is good. I have a Loop Outdoor thats too small fore me and Im gonna sell it...The Loop Jackets is very nice..

He want´s 1500:- sek and it costs arond 4500:- sek new here i sweden.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have no idea of the currency exchange however it sounds like a good discount off of retail. I am curious about the Loop jackets as we are considering bringing more in (currently just stock one model). Their high end looks very good but $$$$$$$$. It's pretty easy to keep selling everyone Simms as it is an excellent product. I am curious about the Loop high end gor-tex jacket and am wondering if Scandinavians prefer it to the American brands based on performance.
Brian Niska

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Loop´s Gore-Tex moddel and the new Sympatex (Sympatex Professional, Sympatex Professiona Short (the only good chois to the Patagonia Deep WJ) and Sypmatex jacket)..Are werry populare here in sweden and scandinavia, the are tested in the tuff condissions ion the Kola Peninsula Russia. Not so many peapol in Sweden do were Simms or Patagonia becuse they are exspensive here i scandinavia. I have no good answeres fore you...

·
EAT IT!!!
338 Posts
Jacob, I might be mistaken, but the Patagonia Jacket was from the year before they updated to the current version. The biggest difference (I am streching my memory here so I could be wrong!!) is that it went from the H2No breathable membrane to the H2 NO HB (highly breathable) membrane that year. They also updated a few other things and the color. The SST is a good jacket with a good warrenty and should keep you just as dry as anything else. Whether the savings is enough for you, that is for you to decide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts