Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In some reason I am not receiving password reset emails by just following the instruction. What do I do wrong?

·
Administrator
18,331 Posts
It could be two reasons:

1. Receiving emails from Administrators is not turned on.
2. Your email address is incorrect.

I can check your settings and send a password reset ....

Mike

·
Administrator
18,331 Posts
Just checked, it is issue #1.
You must turn on "Receive emails from Administrators" before getting any password resets.

Mike

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! Thank you Mike. I have checked that box, saved it and requested the reset again. Did not arrive just yet, probably takes time. Will wait a bit. Also I have verified the email address, it is correct.

·
Administrator
18,331 Posts
I will help it along ...
Give me a few minutes, then "Log-Out" and then try logging back in ... you should get the prompt right away.

Mike

·
Administrator
18,331 Posts
Hmmm ... I'm quicker than I thought :D
Try it anytime now.
Let me know if you have any issues please.

Mike

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for trouble! Now the only device which was logged in shows "your password has expired" and offers me to change the password, but for that I need to enter the old one. So I am locked out.

The email still did is not here. It looks like something is wrong..

·
Administrator
2,462 Posts
Sorry for trouble! Now the only device which was logged in shows "your password has expired" and offers me to change the password, but for that I need to enter the old one. So I am locked out.

The email still did is not here. It looks like something is wrong..
I've sent you a password reminder. It looks like you registered for the forum and tried to post before the account had been approved (spam control measure on this end). You should be good to go at this point, but let me know if any further issues.

Brian

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@100K_deux were you able to get this working?

Niall
I have my second account 100K_deux working (it is connected to a different email address), and tested a password reset with it - received a notification no problem.

However I am not able to get it on the original gmail account. I have checked different gmail folders, like social or commercial and nothing is there. Not sure where the issue is at this point.

So at this point I have an option to use the second account. Not that I am very active anyway.

·
Administrator
2,462 Posts
I have my second account 100K_deux working (it is connected to a different email address), and tested a password reset with it - received a notification no problem.

However I am not able to get it on the original gmail account. I have checked different gmail folders, like social or commercial and nothing is there. Not sure where the issue is at this point.

So at this point I have an option to use the second account. Not that I am very active anyway.
Send me a PM with the email address and username of the old account and I will combine the two. Just confirm for me which username you want to keep.

Brian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts