Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Talk about mixed emotions...

Just took my wife to Mendocino for our anniversary. Left Friday morning, rode the street bike over 550 miles there and back. Traveled up and down Highway 1, crossed the Russian, Gualala, Garcia, Navarro, Big and Little and probably a few more. Each experienced a relatively short-lived awesome fishing history of what was once great salmon/steelhead rivers. Hard to believe tens of thousands use to migrate up every year, now it's down to a few, litterally a few on some. Sat on a couple banks/bridges and thought of what was and sad I missed out, and likely so will my son. Kinda depressing. :eek:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know that area well and it is depressing. Between the wineries and the pot farmers taking almost all the water in the summer and commercial by catch
The fish don't have a chance. Now we have the drought to contend with.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wow, my wife and I passed into Cali for our honeymoon last July. We stayed near Jenner. Did the wine thing which was new for both of us. Mostly we were in the Russian River valley. Great wine, but didn't think about the water they have to use and it's effect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts