Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cast at least a couple rod/line combos daily,,one of the bonus's of living in the country;i own a halfacre casting area,,,i try and finish my `workouts' with an overhead session,going around in a circle,keeping the line/ leader airborn ,changing direction while turning,,really helps me feel the rod,learn what it takes to control the load on it,what different lines feel like,shoot like,,,etc..etc..this is how i learned to double haul,,any other technics you folks use to learn????

·
Damn fish ladder
199 Posts
Double with a double?

Hammer, you beast!

Are you saying that you double haul with two handers? If so, I'd love to know how. Is it that third arm? A very long...?

brooklynwantstoknow

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hold the rodbutt aginst your body,then start laying line out to the side,stopping,flipping it to the other side ,stopping,stripping more,repeat,,,,,,,,,more,yes,,more,until you've either got a new taikwando move or figured out that it CAN be done,,,use your body,,,of course you WILL with the WF!,the rod will pickup huge amounts of line for an overhead,i use the double for a quick redelivery of the fly @ about 55 ft,,,HEY,,now remember,,you promised you wouldn't aim that thing at Oregon,,,:chuckle:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts