Spey Pages banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -- Do any of the recommended spey videos/dvds have any comprehensive coverage of overhead casting? I'm not a spey guy, but an East Coaster who started using a two-hander this past season. There's lots of talk over on the sister site about 2-handed overhead, but it's tough to find any visual instruction. I know that Rio's second dvd has a short clip on it, and that Simon will have some footage in the next dvd, but what about some of the European based instructional stuff? Thanks for any help.

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
Henrich Mortensen's "The Perfect Cast" has a lot of the traditional Scandinavian overhead covered, much like Leif Stavmo's bit on the Rio "International" video, but much more in depth. Contact forum sponsor Red Shed Fly Shop for a copy of it, as it has been hard to find and most shops in the states don't carry it. This is not the same style as the 2 handed casting being done with the shorter 2 handed striper rods. As far as I know, there's no video other than a few short clips on the other board showing this style.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts