Spey Pages banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend tatooed himself with a 7999 while fishing in a nasty wind a few days ago. Apparently the fly had to be dug out of his flesh.

Another reason to use tube flies...and wear eye protection...and motorcycle helmets...

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
I was talking to the C.O on that river on Friday . He told me about this . He said there was no need to check to see if there was a barb on the fly :D :chuckle:

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Don't know the story but I wonder if there is also a moral about casting offhand during cross winds, in any case glad to see he is smiling.

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
Sorry, but I almost blew coffee across the room when I saw that :hihi: . I had a similar incendent with a Rio tip leaving a line across my back casting with no shirt on a few years ago.

He's very lucky thats all he got from that.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
My case

was under the jaw and sunk to the bend. Fortunately, I was following the regs and had the barb pinched down. A friend was able to remove the hook with pliers. You couldn't do that with a barb.

Fish barbless to let your self off the hook.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Less than a week ago I had the doudvious pleasure of having a 'student' dig a #4 dumbell weighted hook out of the back of my head (1/2 inch higher and it would have bounced off my ball cap head band).

My fault, not his ... I just didn't think about where I was standing behind him ... or least think hard enough. Roaring headache for the next two day.

De-barbed hooks "are a good thing." :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.