Spey Pages banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there are some Hardy fans on this site. I am familiar with the 4" Hardy Bougle Mk V as a spey reel. I am very impressed with that reel; it may be the finest Hardy and spey reel I have seen. However, my interest is in the 3 1/4" Bougle Mk V. Has anyone ever seen or fished that reel for trout? Sadly, the reel is not in the budget, currently .....

David

·
Registered
889 Posts
David,

I have been using a 3.25 Mk IV for several years. Performs flawlessly. Don't ever see myself getting rid of this reel.

William

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
David,

There is that guy out of Austrailia that sells them pretty cheap. I PM'd you a link.

·
Registered
638 Posts
For the little trout fishing I do that is the reel I use, as inland said, its bullet proof. A few years back I bought two of them from a shop that was trying to dump them. So if I ever learn to trout fish properly I will be set. For the price on that site how could you go wrong.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Jamey, I've changed my post slightly. Hope it meets with your approval. While the link could definitely be beneficial to some customers it could conceivably take trade away from some sponsors too, but then again so could Danielsson's decision to sell direct and save me some money in future :smokin: .
Its slightly different over this side of the pond, as there aren't any sponsors over here (excepting Hardy, Carron and Snowbee) and most of these don't sell direct anyway. If I'm buying from abroad then its generally driven by price as the customer service can't really happen so much over a couple of thousand miles.
I still find it difficult to accept that I can buy British made tackle from a US supplier and still save a whole heap of money over buying it in the UK. Same with Swedish tackle. Even accepting that the VAT man takes his bit I still think we're getting ripped off. :confused:

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
salmonick said:
Jamey, I've changed my post slightly. Hope it meets with your approval. While the link could definitely be beneficial to some customers it could conceivably take trade away from some sponsors too, but then again so could Danielsson's decision to sell direct and save me some money in future :smokin: .
Its slightly different over this side of the pond, as there aren't any sponsors over here (excepting Hardy, Carron and Snowbee) and most of these don't sell direct anyway. If I'm buying from abroad then its generally driven by price as the customer service can't really happen so much over a couple of thousand miles.
I still find it difficult to accept that I can buy British made tackle from a US supplier and still save a whole heap of money over buying it in the UK. Same with Swedish tackle. Even accepting that the VAT man takes his bit I still think we're getting ripped off. :confused:

Its not my board, they aren't my rules. Its been my experience that non sponser links get pulled. I can see both sides of the coin here. Companies pay for advertising space here, and dont need the compitetion. But we as users of this board try to help each other out.

No offense taken.

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,533 Posts
Policy clarification --

The site's URl policy is simply no hotlinks. Feel free to post the url if you would like but just omit the www.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks sinktip. Its what I thought actually as I've noticed when you've removed them in the past. I think with a bit of imagination people could find the website from what I said before anyway, without being too obvious... :hihi:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.