Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend has asked me about a couple of rods I know nothing about. Does anyone have any experience with (and can provide me with an evaluation of) Orvis Trident 14' 3 pc 9 wt 10 3/8 oz tipflex 10.0 and the Orvis Trident 14' 3 pc 10 wt 10 1/2 oz tipflex 10.0 rods? Any help appreciated. Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hi Bill,

I have cast the new 14' 9wt Orvis and was suprised how nice it is. It is light in the hand and quick. Very easy to throw. After talking with you at Camp B. I know you pref. medium action rods so it is probably not a rod that you would enjoy much but if your friend likes fast rods or is just starting out he might like it.

How was your trip to Kola this summer?

Greg

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear from you, Greg
Yes, he does like fast rods and this is his first 2 hander. He got a really good deal on it and bought the 14' for 9. Frm your response, I think it's likely he'll like it. Kola was a little disappointing this year and although I lost one very large fish, the largest landed was only 18 lbs. On my trip to NB in Sept, I caught no fish under 20 lbs. for the week, except for 3 grilse the last day and a half. Largest was 27. Some really hot fish, too. See you in Quebec in June?
Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts