Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMHO this appears where the spey rod really started and very effective it was !! :cool: :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Dave, I think your right ....

just can't remember if this was after the wine/single malts started to flow Sat. evening or at the end on Sunday afternoon.
Fe

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Forgot to add.

That's Way with the face paint, think Steve's to his right. Jere on the left? Several of these guys do look too framilier.
:devil:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe this was the first Spey Clave ?:smokin:

I wonder what Malcolm will say about this ?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Notice the unusual 'underarm' hand positions on the rods. Hugh Falkus would certainly not have approved! Anyone know when the more conventional 'thumb on top' grip was developed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Man, that's a pretty crowded beat. Looks like public water on the Bonaventure.

Cheers,

Eric

·
Registered
121 Posts
After 5 blank days

I think I was on the beat that week. After 5 blank days and no fish seen the Ghillie suddenly shouted "there's a fish".

John.

P.S. It's a real pleasure speycasting wae yer kilt on! (summer fishing only though)

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Ok, you Scot's ... the world wants to know ...

Do you, or don't you ware...... under the kilts.:hehe:

God, some of Malcom's (Willie Gun) e mail are enough to think it snows in August in your area. Truth???
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
121 Posts
True Scots

Fred, the kilt must be worn at all times (even in Snow) with nothing underneath. That's a sign of a "True Scotsman".
As for weather, it's not that bad, but we do get our fair share of rain, which as we all know is a good thing if your a Salmon fisher!!!!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Aha!!! Just as I suspected. In Braveheart all the Scots

had on blue (war) face paint. Any remote connection between the choice of colour and the 'colour' of other "parts" of the male body?:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts