Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. Me and a pal are thinking of going fishing in and around the Columbia Gorge with a base at White Salmon and maybe hit the Klickitat and...?

This is where I need your expert advice. Any suggestions ?

Time period: Mid-september to end september.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
columbia tribs

Hello
I see no one has answered your question. You know I think if I were you I'd line up a guide and fish both the Klickitat and the Deschutes. Because of the new boater pass reductions by the BLM the Deschutes might be tough to get on but sure worth a try.
I don't know how to find them since Speypages changed their format but try the advertising guides on here first I would suggest. I think both the Gorge Fly Shop and Deschutes Angler both guide the respective rivers and you might contact them.
Good luck to ya
Loren

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great advice by the GBB. I'd also toss out Red's Fly Shop for guide services on the Klickitat. You may want to get a flexible ticket, or insured. We're having extremely low water conditions early in the season and it may really spoil some of the fisheries by September. I would hold off until the last possible moment to check conditions before treking from the other side of the world.

Best of luck!
Kenreau

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Hello
I see no one has answered your question. You know I think if I were you I'd line up a guide and fish both the Klickitat and the Deschutes. Because of the new boater pass reductions by the BLM the Deschutes might be tough to get on but sure worth a try.
I don't know how to find them since Speypages changed their format but try the advertising guides on here first I would suggest. I think both the Gorge Fly Shop and Deschutes Angler both guide the respective rivers and you might contact them.
Good luck to ya
Loren
Deschutes is an amazing river. Take a two/three day float if you can. :x Klic is a coin flip, but not my choice.

fae

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
So. Me and a pal are thinking of going fishing in and around the Columbia Gorge with a base at White Salmon and maybe hit the Klickitat and...?

This is where I need your expert advice. Any suggestions ?

Time period: Mid-september to end september.
Are you looking to fish with guides or are you doing it yourself?,

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hello
Good luck to ya
Loren
Loren, how's it fishing up there? Have you hit any of the lakes?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts