Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping a few of the Oregon guys can give me some fly recommendations for springtime in Oregon. Maybe a few dee and a few spey. Thanks guys

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,162 Posts
Whoever answers this may want to know of which rivers you speak.

Different water, sometimes different patterns.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It dawned on me after I posed this question, that it's pretty vague. I'm planning to tie a few flies for Back Eddy and he just mentioned springtime in Oregon. Seems he's fished, I believe, w Josh and Matt. Paging Josh and Matt.......

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,717 Posts
I won't

Peek at this thread any more....Promise

·
Grandpa Howard
3,432 Posts
I am not an Oregon guy, but if I was heading to Oregon (week from Friday) I would tie a bunch of flies two to six inches long, in orange, purple, black and blue color combos. I would tie some full feather wings, a few married wings and strip wings and a few on shanks (trailer trash). I would not go up there without some marabous and bunnies, some weighted some not. My box would not be complete without a Dance Hall Floozy, Swing Shift and a Red Ween Gaddy tied on 3/0 AJs. Best to pick the fly you like and wrap it up. All you have to do is match water conditions. That is why I take a bunch off different sizes and styles.

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
I'll be on the Umatilla, John Day, and Deschutes next month 12-15, I will provide a full report each day. Dont know if you want to wait that long though :saeek:

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
I am not an Oregon guy, but if I was heading to Oregon (week from Friday) I would tie a bunch of flies two to six inches long, in orange, purple, black and blue color combos. I would tie some full feather wings, a few married wings and strip wings and a few on shanks (trailer trash). I would not go up there without some marabous and bunnies, some weighted some not. My box would not be complete without a Dance Hall Floozy, Swing Shift and a Red Ween Gaddy tied on 3/0 AJs. Best to pick the fly you like and wrap it up. All you have to do is match water conditions. That is why I take a bunch off different sizes and styles.
This:

Marty nailed it, but it goes for all steellie waters right? I have caught on green doctor, Dunt, Bonne Bouche, Green butt skunk, a black and red shank and a small red dee. 6 fish, 6 flies, not one the same.

If you swing it, they will grab. you tie mean flies, and anything you tie will be great.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I primarily fish Dee's but I primarily don't catch fish anymore either :) haha Matt and Marty hit it I think. If you fish a fly well in holding water you are bound to get a grab... That said I thino Wayne will need some salmonfly bugs as well! Ahhhh.... Spring on the D :)

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
I primarily fish Dee's but I primarily don't catch fish anymore either :) haha Matt and Marty hit it I think. If you fish a fly well in holding water you are bound to get a grab... That said I thino Wayne will need some salmonfly bugs as well! Ahhhh.... Spring on the D :)
Oh thats right, May is Salmon fly time... I think like some big orangy things that fish in or just under the film would be deadly too then

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks you guys. Matt disregard my pm if you even got it. I'll get his flies done soon and since he's already peeked at this thread, I'll just send them out without posting pics. Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts