Spey Pages banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Grandpa Howard
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a really bad migraine all day yesterday that lasted into the night. I could not sleep so I hit the vise. Finished this one at 2 am. Orange and black is a go-to color combination for me this time of year. Hopefully this one will find its mark this coming Wednesday . I must apologize for my lack of participation as of late, my wife has been cracking the whip. I do however visit here every day and have to say the tying has been over the top. Keep up the good work and thanks for the inspiration and motivation.

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
Nice Marty, Love the black stripe outlining the orange in the wing. really helps it pop. Your tying reminds me its ok to use things like mylar instead of tinsel. I love how you use more modern materials yet still get a very classy look to your flies.

Where are you fishing wednesday? best of luck to you.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Fished a more basic style orange and black super hard this fall and nada. While some hate Muddlers and some hate string leeches my challenge seems to be the O&B. Sooooo fishy looking with the bug clumsy's around I guess that is a cross I can bear!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I really like this fly. The wings and body are beautifully mirrored by/in each other.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts