Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I need some opinion on how I should feel.

First a buddy of mine bages out on a trip that we have been planning for like 5 months. I even started giving him warning that the trip was coming up 5 months ago and he assured me he was in. But then a couple weeks before hand no I got to work I got a new boss and I don't want to take time off on their first week here. OK fine I guess I can understand that.

Now yesterday he spends like over half the day saying hey be sick tomorrow I am and can't find anyone else to go fish with. I say hey I just took time off to fish last week and need to work. Says that isn't a good excuse (hello read above paragraph) and is relentless. I finally move things around and decide screw it I am going to be sick today but then late yesterday afternoon I get a phone call hey I can't be sick I got to work.

Twice in 2 weeks he is pulling this crap on me. He had me so messed up last night I grabbed the wrong waders (that didn't have my license in them) when I went to a local trout lake so I didn't even get to fish there.

I think a punishment is due. Any ideas?

JJ

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Your friend will never make "steelhead bum" status the way he is going. You wouldn't be talking about "Mr. Golden Bone" would you?:lildevl:

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
I don't what's happening over there. First the OC bales in favor of the siren's song and the dreams of Atlantis and now another (I thought die hard) chrome junkie has fallen into the clutches of capitalism. JJ maybe you should get out of there while there is still a chance.

Maybe you should steal his Wheatley with those "super secret" golden bone flies. You know the box with the "pink" flies that he keeps hidden. :whoa: :lildevl:

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,533 Posts
JJ -- It is hard to argue with anything you have said. What a low life for your buddy to do something like that to you. I can only imagine that he must feel really horrible.

Sparkey -- That was a low blow. And speaking of low blows, good luck next week :saeek:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh did I mentioned the river bumped up last night and is dropping today.

Great.

MJC I am fighting it hard but my girl friend doesn't like it when I say I am only a step away from selling everything and living in a van down by the river.

JJ

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Hey... that same guy took time off to fish with me the other day... even after attending a Queen concert the night before.... :confused:

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,533 Posts
And on 2 1/2 hours sleep I would add Kush.

Spark -- American Idol is a made for TV, turn your brain to mush, get all excited about "who will get kicked off" opiate for the masses.

Queen was a genre blending, envelope pushing, social commenting, technically skilled glam-rock band from the second half of the 1970s. They also were instrumental in pushing the limits of fashion, sexuality and how androgeny and erotic expression is viewed in popular culture. But then what would you know about that? Wait, on second thought, never mind :saevilw:

Get on your bikes and ride..... ;)

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I dunno... if I had a fishing partner that sucked - it might be a good thing!

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
kush said:
I dunno... if I had a fishing partner that sucked - it might be a good thing!
are you saying dana holds out? because these make the perfect gift for your streamside partner if they get a little stingy:

After a day of stalking wary trout on yours hands and knees or pleasuring your fishing buddy, youll be glad that you were wearing these fine knee pads. Completely constructed of plush neoprene, these knee pads will fit over any size leg.

·
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club
387 Posts
This thread has taken a turn for the worst. All this talk of partners that suck w/kneepads???? :eek:

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,533 Posts
I refuse to get drawn down into this. I will say that I always really enjoy fishing with Kush though.:smokin:

·
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club
387 Posts
jjohnson said:
Glad to know we are all 12 year old boys. :hihi:
A 12 year could never come up with this stuff. Stuff like this can only be thought of by grown men. Male intellectual development at its finest.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts