Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow is the opening day on the Spey, so loads of guys will be out fishing in the snow and or rain.
Going to have a bbq at the river, and a drink or two, then later on another drink or two , well it is traditional, thats my excuse.
The river is at a good height so there is a good chance of a springer or two. :)

·
fly on little wing
1,119 Posts
A Toast

I raise my glass (Guiness Extra Stout) and toast the anglers on the river Spey.

May your irons connect in the corner of the mouth.

Salute'.

Gary

·
Registered
215 Posts
The river is 2'11" and falling on the gauge at Aberlour this morning, with a light sou'westerly breeze and not much chance of rain - couldn't be nicer!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Don’t tease, I have to wait until Monday until I get to wet a line on the Spey.

I will be thinking of you all whilst I am sitting in an ecology lecture at college this afternoon.

Gordon

Gardener said:
The river is 2'11" and falling on the gauge at Aberlour this morning, with a light sou'westerly breeze and not much chance of rain - couldn't be nicer!

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Ahhh... 2'11" of Aberlour, that is a serious dram of the nectar :smokin:

·
Registered
215 Posts
fishingd0 said:
Don’t tease, I have to wait until Monday until I get to wet a line on the Spey.
And I'm not up 'til Weds & Thurs next week. By then no doubt the river will have risen, there'll be half a gale & blizzards from the north east and Graham, Malcolm and you will have caught them all between you! :mad:

Still can't wait, though. :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Opening day on the Spey

Well now that my head is better, after the bbq, and a dram or two or three, o cant remember,the opening day was awesome as they say over the pond. :chuckle:
I heard of three springers caught, and loads of well mended kelts.
There has been plenty of water so where to catch a fish i dont know, and i've fished the spey for a wee while now .
still thats what make it what it is. :smokin:

·
Registered
886 Posts
There was 5 fish taken. 2 from the Brae Water( bottom beats) 1 from Orton(next beat up) 1 from Aberlour Asociation Water and 1 from Knockando Foyness beat.
The fish from Aberlour was killed and donated to the old persons home a long standing tradition.

The low temps seem to be holding the fish back.

My team has so far let me down any alternatives for next year please forward your CV.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts