Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the western Washington rivers opened this morning thereby ending the dead-month, otherwise known as May. But nature, throwing a curveball as she often does, treated us to torrential downpours most of yesterday. After rising at 2:45 and checking theguages, I chose the comfort of my bed over my waders. Still, it looked like maybe the rivers remained fishable. Dis anyone make it out and if so, how were the crowds and the water temps?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sinktip, I couldn't make it out today. A reliable source called me at work to report the Snoqualmie was looking high and dirty at Plum's Landing. The gage at Carnation is currently reading 5,070 cf/s. I think I'll slink off Friday morning to check it out for myself.

·
SRO Direct Dealer
578 Posts
Was on the Sky yesterday. 2' to 3' vis. temp 52 deg. Three others in the water and 4 boats. Good fishing, bad catching.

Rich

·
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club
387 Posts
Made it to the famed NFS yesterday. River was perfect. The fishing was perfect. The catching was lacking a bit. It felt real good to be back out on a river again. Even ran into a couple of people I hadn't seen since the season closed a month ago. It was good to see them again and exchange some stream side conversation. Sometimes it doesn't matter if there is fish or not.

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree Kerry. I have been out the last two mornings. Fishing great, catching ... What's catching? Still no complaints. The water is already up to 52 and I've spent as much time throwing a floater as a tip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts