Spey Pages banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loved this fly when Aaron first posted it, and Paul's recent beauties and wonderfully different color schemes really made me want to finally give it a go.

This is such a great pattern to play with, and I hope you give it a try! Thanks to Aaron and Paul for the inspiration!!

I usually tend towards more "earthy" tones in most of my flies. Olives, browns, blacks, usually with a touch of yellow are what mostly fill my box. So, I came up with this one...

Golden Olive Daybreaker,

Thanks for the look,

-Bill

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,683 Posts
Sorry Bill

Wrong Name

I beleive that is called the deal breaker:whoa:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, thank you all for the kindness! You gotta get one right now and again!!

Confidence colors, a great pattern, and wonderful inspiration from our brothers! A great mix!!!!!

From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea,

-Bill

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Bill you have really been on fire lately! This thing is a real stunner and I cannot wait to swing your fly from martys swap at some summer fish! Are you still working at this all in hand?

·
Administrator
19,078 Posts
Gorgeous flee Bill !!
Excellent profile and perfect material density ... fantastic tying skills :smokin:

Mike

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again guys, especially Aaron for coming up with such a great pattern! I'm glad you approve.

Josh, I jump back and forth tying in hand. This one was in the vice. Except on small hooks, I'm still having trouble with floss and tinsel bodies. Haven't tweaked a technique yet.

On more buggy ones, like the swap fly (which I am thrilled you like), I'm still tying in hand- however, when you slack and only tie 3 or 4 in hand and realize time is running short, then it's factory line production mode, back to the vice, and crank the thread!!

Cheers gents,

-Bill

1 - 19 of 19 Posts