Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just bought me a 14' 10 wt. I did notice that this model is no longer manufacturered by Sage.

Looking for some help with what Type of line to get started with.

Thanks -- Hansen:p

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Hansen,

You've got a good rod. This was not one of the most commonly seen models around here, but apparently was a favourite in Scandinavia. One of my good buddies had one and he loved it. I fished it for a day and I quite liked it as well. The line he used was a Rio Accelerator 10/11 and it cast very well.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Good Rod, Better Wife!

Don't know much about the line but I wish my wife would buy me a Sage.

Malcolm

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I do consider myself fortunate. It goes nicely between the 12 and 15 footers I already own. Now if I can just get her to buy a reel... all in time.

Guess I should buy her some jewelry for valentines...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sage 10wt 14'

I have been fishing this rod for 2year's now is one of my most used have it lined with 11wt dbl taper loads rod well and cast's nicely
Good Luck

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Scott,

It is an interesting rod. I found it only slightly stiffer than the 9140-3, but that didn't take away from its very nice feel. In many ways they are similar rods, as I've always maintained, the 9140-3 is really a 10 wt rod this shouldn't suprise me. The 10140 may have a smidge more power but it has the same Euro action that I like for the dynamic snake rolls that are my primary casts. I have to say that if I had one of these instead of my 9140-3 I would still be very happy.

·
Cast, step, swing...
128 Posts
kush...

Since I sold the big fella that stick...does he still have it? I know somebody looking for one and I recall that he thought to selling off...

uliwon

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
uliwon,

Mario sold it a couple of months ago. It kind of surprised me that he did - he really liked it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts