Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: A old loop Evotec 9therteen was offered to me. The reel is new in the box. Is there something that’s against a purchase speaks? Is the reel a good deal? It looks very nice and has plenty room of line space.

Thanks for your experiences

J

·
0 Posts
That's a fine reel. There were no design flaws of which I'm aware. It was a little heavy for many single-hand rod applications, but that's not a concern for spey use. If I remember correctly, the drag was cork in the original where it's carbon fiber in the latest models. It's a deal if you're not paying too high a price for it. Anything under $500.00US is probably fair (if truly in mint/new condition) and anything much under that is a great price.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reel stands with a dealer in a showcase. It gives also first owners warranty to me! The price is 480 USD (400EUR). Were there really different brakes ????

·
Registered
939 Posts
I owned a smaller version of that reel. For $480 US I would by and Evotech LW or spring for $100 more and buy an Evotech HD. (I am talking eBay prices.)

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have an Evotec 9-13 the old black moddel... its a wery nice salmon reel, its has good capasity, great brake system and it is problably the best reel i the wortld exept the LW and HD!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts