Discussion Starter #1

Who doesn't like a theme post? :chuckle:
Cherchez la femmes..
left to right.

Lady Mary
Lady of the Lake
Lady Grace
Lady Caroline

AJ 1.5's except Lady Grace which is on a #2 Bartleet.

I tied most of these as part of a little project I have been messing with for months now, attempting to tie an example of every vintage split wing Dee pattern I can come across. I am just a total sucker for this style of fly. Colin's awesome website feathersfliesandphantoms has been a constant reference and source of inspiration. Cheers for that Colin, I can spend hours looking over all that you have put together for us!

If anyone has any Lady's or otherwise feminine patterns that you have tied, please add them to this thread. Lets see' em!

Cheers.
James

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
Lovely Ladies James.

Will definitely have to go, see about this Lady Mary,:). My favorite in the set.
The Lady Caroline I know quite well.

Cheers!
Vic.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I too am a real sucker for speys and Dees, I have been spending WAY too much time on Colins site lately and have been tying a ton from it. Unfortunately I only have a couple photos of any fairly recent works. As always your posts are very inspiring! Thank you

I posted this one before but here is my rendition of a copper Caroline and a random speys tied on an iron a friend made for me. I am planning to get some pictures taken of my recent stuff as soon as I have the time, hopefully there will be more to come shortly!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
That's awesome James, love it.

I was looking at a variety of Durham Rangers last night thinking it might be time to tie them all up as a group. You may have just spurred me on.

·
seaterspey
2,198 Posts
Wow all those lady's are superb!:Eyecrazy:

The Lady Caroline is my favorite fly of all time and tie them on a regular basis. I love the color of the second ones a little more red than the norm but I think that is perfect.

Well done by both and thank you for posting!!!!:whoa:

I know what I'm tying tonight.:)

KC

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ladies....

The Lady Mary is a personal favorite when the snow is flying around here...
Great job on a fine looking set of flees.

Tom

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all. Had alot of fun tying these girls.

Browning. That claret body on the long shank is pretty bloody fishy, very old looking too. I dig that lady.

Todd. You crack me me up brother ;)

I am pretty taken with the lady mary as well, the body on this pattern is very cool and I bet the pattern would lend itself to one messing with the colors if white and gold aren't your thing. A purple hackle and orange crest i would be could be a very solid producer as well at least on the coast.

Lets see a few more of the female persuasion....

J

1 - 13 of 13 Posts