Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The upriver snake cast video is worth the price of admission. 'Scribe up Dog!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Time to subscribe

The spey learning curve WILL be cut in half. Terminology, equipment choices and casting videoes give the beginner and novice great advice and creditable information. To the more advance caster, a forum to bounce off ideas and converse with spey giants. Give yourself an early Christmas present--- subscribe! Klem

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
First and foremost, I paid up and still think that it is a great investment. In addition, if push comes to shove, I dump another $100 into the cause if needed.

So, in the relm of constructive critisism, AND understanding full well that Mr. Sturn is a busy man, a few observations on my part. 1) Being new to the Spey Tech. I can make a, uh hum, fishable cast. What I do not feel comfortable with is the line control on the drift/swing nor what I would do to land the fish with out a partner, or net, or "beach-able" bank to move to. So, I would like to see more on the "Fishing Tech." (this doesn't mean less of the other)

2) The list of information is WELL worth the small amount of $$$ to view it (and keep it). The only problem is (speaking as if I hadn't explored the speypages site previously, and as a NEW subscriber) it is a little jumbled. If I wanted to just look at video of a snake roll, and maybe some comparisons of good and bad tech. It would be tough.

So, Dana, just a little insight on smoothing out the process for 2005. And for those non-subscribers...did you know that you CAN practice your casting in the grass? Neither did I, Until... :wink:

PS- With reguards to the "heat" in similar posts, "If you can, do it. If you can't, don't. "

1 - 3 of 3 Posts